Independent Dealer's Advantage, LLC (IDA) founded in 2000, is a successful financial services firm that specializes in automotive financing to individuals through independent and franchise dealers. They are experiencing phenomenal growth and expect business to double in 2004.
IDA's paper-based system was slowing the loan process. Employees located in multiple branch offices found it difficult to communicate and access information. As the company continued to grow, managing the company's infrastructure was becoming an increasingly costly burden.
By installing Microsoft Windows SBS 2003 premium edition, NetCom was able to:
- Set up an intranet site using SharePoint Services, giving employees access to reports, email, faxes and critical business data from a central location.
- Give employees remote access to company applications using Terminal Services.
- Standardize employee desktops and protect them from user changes using SBS Group Policy.
- Assume responsibility for the management of IDA's network using SBS remote access.
- IDA cut the cost of developing an internal Web site in half by using SharePoint technologies to set up a site.
- IDA saved an estimated 40 or more staff hours per month by providing a single location for employees to gain access to faxes, reports, email and critical business data.
- IDA was able to accelerate the loan approval process and outperform competitors by allowing sales representatives to access the company accounting system and underwriting tools remotely.
- IDA reduced administrative demands on IT staff by using Group Policy to manage desktop configurations.
- IDA lowered network maintenance costs by outsourcing management of its infrastructure to NetCom Systems, Inc. using SBS remote access.